Begin your career by becoming a part of the Winter Hill Bank organization. We look for candidates who want to be an important part of our institution, who want to build working relationships with co-workers and who are striving for a career path that will be challenging and rewarding.
Winter Hill Bank is a community bank and we are proud of our reputation as a successful financial institution. Every one of our employees plays a special role in our overall success which solidifies the fact that working together as a team means our efforts will continue to contribute to the success and growth of our organization which has been serving the community since 1906.
Our benefits package for full-time employees includes the following:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Group Medical Insurance
- Company Contribution to Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Dental Blue Dental Insurance
- Company paid Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Defined Contribution 401K Plan*
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay*
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Premium Conversion Plan (Section 125)
- Banking Services (Free or Reduced)*
- Free Parking
*These benefits are available for eligible part-time employees
- Loan Processor/Underwriter
- Credit Analyst
This position processes and underwrites 1-4 family real estate secured and consumer loans in conformance with regulatory requirements, and Bank, Secondary Market Investor & vendor guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Receives submitted loan applications from all origination conduits. Ensures application package is complete and accurate, including all initial disclosures.
- Inputs loan application or reviews previously submitted loan application data in Bank’s Loan Origination software system (LOS) &, if/as applicable, vendor software, within designated time frame, to ensure accuracy & initiate application processing.
- Audits loan file documentation to confirm appropriate & accurate receipt and completion of any/all application documentation including appropriate signatures, dates and other relevant data.
- When/as appropriate, prepares required initial or amended disclosures within required time frame.
- Orders flood certifications, appraisal reports, title requests & if/as appropriate, credit reports.
- Obtains all verification forms as necessary.
- Tracks and ensures receipt of required documents. Reviews all documentation, when/as received, to insure accuracy and completeness, & updates loan data in LOS & vendor software systems.
- Communicates loan status’ and related documentation deficiencies to applicants & loan interviewer/originator.
- Works with applicants to complete pre-closing process in order to assure a timely closing.
- Obtains mortgage insurance certificates (delegated M.I.) or submits loan file data to private mortgage insurance company for underwriting consideration, when applicable.
- Submits and coordinates pre-funding quality control if/as necessary.
- Reviews and evaluates loan file information/documentation for both compliance & underwriting decision to either approve (within delegated loan authority) or to recommend approval, denial or counteroffer. Ensures that the loan file is complete, accurate and in accordance with Bank and/or investor requirements.
- Prepares & forwards loan commitments, denials and counteroffers, and all other written correspondence, including appraisal reports, to applicant. Forwards appropriate commitment/counteroffer correspondence to applicants, loan interviewer & (if not declined) closing attorney.
- Tracks commitment to ensure that all pre-closing commitment conditions are satisfactorily met. Provides approving officer with exhibits for evaluation & sign off on all pre-closing conditions.
- Serves as liaison with attorney relative to loan closing with respect to scheduling and final pre-closing exhibits.
- Expands & maintains knowledge of regulatory, Bank, vendor, & Investor loan processing/underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures, and any/all compliance related considerations.
- Resolves any post-closing quality control issues.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Answers mortgage loan telephone inquiries regarding current mortgage programs, rates and terms.
- Performs related clerical and administrative duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Assists VP/Lending with investor loan/lock registrations & wholesale lending functions, & researches any/all QC deficiencies.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma
- Two to three years experience in loan processing/underwriting
- Good understanding of the Bank’s loan products and services
- Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate organizational, analytical and customer service skills
- Must have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to utilize various types of office equipment, including computer terminals.
Loan Center, 337 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145
Credit Analyst Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Sr. Credit Analyst this position performs various financial and administrative duties in the Commercial Real Estate and Commercial Credit loan review function in conjunction and in conformance with the Bank’s Loan Review and Asset Classification policy and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in organizing and conducting the ongoing loan review of bank’s existing Commercial and Commercial RE. Portfolio.
- Assists with the coordination of periodic outside third party loan review audits and regulatory exams.
- Maintains active communication with assigned major borrowers. Tracks and requests Borrower/Property financial information to insure the banks timely receipt of Borrower/Property financials for annual loan review.
- Requests updated financials and performs annual and interim reviews and analyzes financial statements, income tax returns and a supporting documentation on Commercial Loans and Commercial real estate borrowers to evaluate the ongoing financial condition of the borrower and property security.
- Investigates and analyzes credit risks and recommends credit ratings in accordance with Bank policy and prepares written loan review.
- Document loan review conclusions clearly and concisely and communicate results to the Sr. Credit Analyst.
- Assist in the preparation of credit related reports for presentation to the Executive Vice President/CLO and Sr. Vice President/Commercial Lending.
- Requests updated financials and appraisals for Construction loan term extension requests and prepares interim reviews.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Analyzes and summarizes new Commercial Real Estate and Commercial Loan credits as may be assigned or requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Two years of relevant credit analysis experience in a commercial loan environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write professional, comprehensive loan reviews, the ability to work independently and complete tasks on time.
- Must have excellent communication skills as well as strong financial analytical and organizational abilities.
- Proficient use of computers and technology required, PC Skills, and use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Power Point.
Winter Hill Bank
371 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02144
Attention: Christina O’Kane
Fax number (617) 629-3327
For general information regarding employment at Winter Hill Bank or to submit your resume please click on the “Contact Us” button below.
Christina S. O’Kane
Winter Hill Bank
371 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02144
Winter Hill Bank is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Protected Veterans.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to sit, bend, walk, talk, hear, pull, push, lift up to 20 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors (if applicable); work independently as a team while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations and act in the Bank’s best interests.
Bank Secrecy Act:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies and procedures.
All personal and financial customer information will be maintained in compliance with laws and regulations designed to secure that privacy. It is expected that all bank employees will comply with the policies and procedures the bank has in place or face discipline up to and including termination of employment.
A job description is not a contract for employment. The tasks stated are the general and ordinary duties of the position and may be subject to change at any time due to business needs, staffing issues, banking requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons. From time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the job description, may be assigned and, therefore, required and nothing in a job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.