Begin your career by becoming a part of the Winter Hill Bank organization. We look for candidates who want to be an important part of our institution, who want to build working relationships with co-workers and who are striving for a career path that will be challenging and rewarding.
Winter Hill Bank is a community bank and we are proud of our reputation as a successful financial institution. Every one of our employees plays a special role in our overall success which solidifies the fact that working together as a team means our efforts will continue to contribute to the success and growth of our organization which has been serving the community since 1906.
Our benefits package for full-time employees includes the following:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Group Medical Insurance
- Company Contribution to Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Dental Blue Dental Insurance
- Company paid Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Defined Contribution 401K Plan*
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay*
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Premium Conversion Plan (Section 125)
- Banking Services (Free or Reduced)*
- Free Parking
*These benefits are available for eligible part-time employees
Please see below for current job openings
- Accounting Manager
Corporate Office, 342 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145
Under direction of the Bank’s Controller, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination and management of the Bank’s accounting operations in conformance with established accounting practices and principles, bank policies, procedures and objectives. Performs any functions within the scope of authority and expertise to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to Bank management, co-workers and external business partners
- Provides supervision, training, advice and coaching as needed to the accounting staff. Assist Controller in hiring, salary and promotion recommendations of the accounting staff.
- Assist Controller in the daily cash management function. Oversees the funding of correspondent bank accounts. Manages the reconciliation process of the daily Federal Reserve Bank statement and the researching of all outstanding items.
- Manages the daily balancing process of the bank. This process includes verifying the Fiserv loan, deposit and miscellaneous application reports prove to the general ledger reports.
- Maintains and monitors accounting activity / records for the investment portfolio. Manages the set-up of new investment purchases, posting of monthly payments and file maintenance of investment records. Assures reconcilement of Bank investment reports to the safekeeping reports provided by FNBB Capital Markets. On a monthly basis, manages /performs upload of market value pricing data for the investment portfolio.
- Responsible for managing the daily and monthly posting functions of the accounting department along with the monthly closing process of the general ledger software for the Bank and the Securities Corporation.
- Provides reports as requested by the Chief Financial Officer for various internal and external reporting needs.
- Manages the preparation and filing of the Federal Reserve Bank “Report of Transaction Accounts, Other Deposits and Vault Cash”- “FR Form 2900”.
- Acts as a liaison with the Bank’s accounting software vendor.
- Responsible for mapping new deposit or loan general ledger accounts to Fiserv applications.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring of the Accounting Department’s Records Retention Program including, but not limited to, payroll, vacation schedules and inter-bank account documentation.
- Manages the reconciliation process of all general ledger accounts.
- Participates in the development of departments’ procedures.
- Assist Controller in the liaison duties with the Bank’s tax preparer, internal and external audit firms.
- Performs related accounting and administrative functions, as may be assigned or requested such as special projects.
- Must communicate daily with Controller on day to day issues and the progress of same. Assists in problem-solving with strength in identification and resolution of same in assigned area of responsibility.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or finance.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- A minimum of three years of accounting experience preferably in a bank or financial institution.
- Strong computer skills in Excel and Word are essential and knowledge of general ledger accounting software is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as account reconciliation experience are critical.
Winter Hill Bank
Somerville, MA 02143
Attention: Kevin Pelletier
Fax number (617) 666-9647
Winter Hill Bank is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans.
For general information regarding employment at Winter Hill Bank or to submit your resume please click on the “Contact Us” button below.
Christina S. O’Kane
Winter Hill Bank
371 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02144
Winter Hill Bank is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Protected Veterans.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to sit, bend, walk, talk, hear, pull, push, lift up to 20 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors (if applicable); work independently as a team while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations and act in the Bank’s best interests.
Bank Secrecy Act:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies and procedures.
All personal and financial customer information will be maintained in compliance with laws and regulations designed to secure that privacy. It is expected that all bank employees will comply with the policies and procedures the bank has in place or face discipline up to and including termination of employment.
A job description is not a contract for employment. The tasks stated are the general and ordinary duties of the position and may be subject to change at any time due to business needs, staffing issues, banking requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons. From time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the job description, may be assigned and, therefore, required and nothing in a job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.