Begin your career by becoming a part of the Winter Hill Bank organization. We look for candidates who want to be an important part of our institution, who want to build working relationships with co-workers and who are striving for a career path that will be challenging and rewarding.
Winter Hill Bank is a community bank and we are proud of our reputation as a successful financial institution. Every one of our employees plays a special role in our overall success which solidifies the fact that working together as a team means our efforts will continue to contribute to the success and growth of our organization which has been serving the community since 1906.
Our benefits package for full-time employees includes the following:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Group Medical Insurance
- Company Contribution to Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Dental Blue Dental Insurance
- Company paid Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Defined Contribution 401K Plan*
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay*
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Premium Conversion Plan (Section 125)
- Banking Services (Free or Reduced)*
- Free Parking
*These benefits are available for eligible part-time employees
Loan Center, 337 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145
Credit Analyst Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the AVP/Sr. Credit Analyst, this position performs various financial and administrative duties in the Commercial Real Estate and Commercial Credit loan review function in conjunction and in conformance with the Bank’s Loan Review and Asset Classification policy and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in organizing and conducting the ongoing loan review of bank’s existing Commercial and Commercial RE. Portfolio.
- Assists with the coordination of periodic outside third party loan review audits and regulatory exams.
- Maintains active communication with assigned major borrowers. Tracks and requests Borrower/Property financial information to insure the banks timely receipt of Borrower/Property financials for annual loan review.
- Requests updated financials and performs annual and interim reviews and analyzes financial statements, income tax returns and a supporting documentation on Commercial Loans and Commercial real estate borrowers to evaluate the ongoing financial condition of the borrower and property security.
- Investigates and analyzes credit risks and recommends credit ratings in accordance with Bank policy and prepares written loan review.
- Document loan review conclusions clearly and concisely and communicate results to the AVP/ S Credit Analyst.
- Assist in the preparation of credit related reports for presentation to the Senior Vice President/CLO and BOD.
- Requests updated financials and appraisals for Construction loan term extension requests and prepare interim reviews.
- Analyzes and identifies loans and loan relationships with aggregate balances less than the policy threshold be excluded from periodic reviews.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Analyzes and summarizes new Commercial Real Estate and Commercial Loan credits as may be assigned or requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Two years of relevant credit analysis experience in a commercial loan environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to write professional, comprehensive loan reviews, the ability to work independently and complete tasks on time
- Must have excellent communication skills as well as strong financial analytical and organizational abilities
- Proficient use of computers and technology required, PC Skills, and use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Power Point
Bank Tellers – Full-Time & Part-Time
Davis Square Office, 5 Cutter Avenue, Somerville, MA 02144
Full-Time Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
North Reading, 271 Main Street, Route 28, North Reading, MA 01864
Part-Time Hours: Thursday and Friday 4:00pm to 6:30pm, Saturday 8:00am to 1:30pm
This position performs a variety of customer service and related duties to provide service to the Bank’s customers in conformance with established Bank policies and operating procedures.
- Organize work station for day’s activities, e.g., inventory and request cash as needed; verify cash upon receipt; obtain necessary forms and other supplies.
- Process a variety of customer transactions, e.g., deposits, withdrawals, mortgage payments etc. Cash checks within limits of established policy, verify amount, examine checks for endorsement and verify signatures and customer balances.
- Enter customers’ transactions into computer to record transactions and issue computer generated receipts.
- Place holds on accounts for various reasons such as uncollected funds, out of state checks, etc.
- Sell money orders, treasurer’s checks, gift checks and other bank related products. Process various payments.
- Balance transactions and cash upon completion of assigned shift by comparing totaled amounts with data recorded on computer. Perform “after-hours” work, e.g., reconciling bank checks, money orders etc. and scanning daily work and Bank documents as needed.
- Perform related customer service duties as requested. Discuss Bank Products and Services that will benefit the individual customer’s needs and respond to their inquiries. Refer problems or concerns to supervisor for further action as needed.
- May perform a variety of related clerical and/or support functions as assigned, i.e., routine correspondence, filing, typing, maintenance of records, data entry, back up to CSR where applicable and safe deposit box.
- May provide assistance to Management Staff as needed.
- May verify miscellaneous reports regarding customer accounts.
- May provide services at drive-up window or branch offices as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with customers.
- Organizational and exceptional customer service skills required.
- Excellent communication, typing and computer skills
- Ability to utilize various types of office equipment
Contact Information for posted positions
Winter Hill Bank
371 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02144
Attention: Christina O’Kane
Fax number (617) 629-3327
For general information regarding employment at Winter Hill Bank or to submit your resume please click on the “Contact Us” button below.
Christina S. O’Kane
Winter Hill Bank
371 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02144
Winter Hill Bank is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Protected Veterans.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to sit, bend, walk, talk, hear, pull, push, lift up to 20 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors (if applicable); work independently as a team while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations and act in the Bank’s best interests.
Bank Secrecy Act:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies and procedures.
All personal and financial customer information will be maintained in compliance with laws and regulations designed to secure that privacy. It is expected that all bank employees will comply with the policies and procedures the bank has in place or face discipline up to and including termination of employment.
A job description is not a contract for employment. The tasks stated are the general and ordinary duties of the position and may be subject to change at any time due to business needs, staffing issues, banking requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons. From time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the job description, may be assigned and, therefore, required and nothing in a job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.