Begin your career by becoming a part of the Winter Hill Bank organization. We look for candidates who want to be an important part of our institution, who want to build working relationships with co-workers and who are striving for a career path that will be challenging and rewarding.
Winter Hill Bank is a community bank and we are proud of our reputation as a successful financial institution. Every one of our employees plays a special role in our overall success which solidifies the fact that working together as a team means our efforts will continue to contribute to the success and growth of our organization which has been serving the community since 1906.
Our benefits package for full-time employees includes the following:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Group Medical Insurance
- Company Contribution to Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Dental Blue Dental Insurance
- Company paid Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Defined Contribution 401K Plan*
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay*
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Premium Conversion Plan (Section 125)
- Banking Services (Free or Reduced)*
- Free Parking
*These benefits are available for eligible part-time employees
Please see below for current job openings
- Bank Tellers – Full-Time
Bank Tellers – Full-Time
Corporate Office, 342 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145
This position performs a variety of customer service and related duties to provide service to the Bank’s customers in conformance with established Bank policies and operating procedures.
- Organize work station for day’s activities.
- Process a variety of customer transactions, e.g., deposits, withdrawals, mortgage payments and cash checks within limits of established policy.
- Enter customers’ transactions into computer to record process.
- Sell money orders, treasurer’s checks, gift checks and other bank related products. Processes various payments.
- Balance transactions and cash upon completion of assigned shift. Perform “after-hours” work, e.g., reconcile bank checks, money orders etc. and scan daily work and Bank documents as needed.
- Perform related customer service duties as requested. Discusses Bank Products and Services that will benefit the individual customer’s needs and respond to customers inquiries.
- May perform a variety of related clerical and/or support functions as assigned, i.e., routine correspondence, filing, typing, maintenance of records, data entry, back up to CSR where applicable and safe deposit box.
- May provide assistance to Management Staff as needed.
- May verify miscellaneous reports regarding customer accounts.
- May provide services at drive-up window or other branch offices as assigned.
This job description is not a contract for employment. The tasks stated are the general and ordinary duties of the position and may be subject to change at any time due to business needs, staffing issues, banking requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons. From time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to your job description, may be assigned and, therefore, required and nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with customers.
- Organizational and exceptional customer service skills required.
- Excellent communication, typing and computer skills
- Ability to utilize various types of office equipment
To arrange an interview contact:
Winter Hill Bank
371 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02144
Attention: Christina O’Kane
Fax number (617) 629-3327
For general information regarding employment at Winter Hill Bank or to submit your resume please click on the “Contact Us” button below.
Christina S. O’Kane
Winter Hill Bank
371 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02144
Winter Hill Bank is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Protected Veterans.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to sit, bend, walk, talk, hear, pull, push, lift up to 20 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors (if applicable); work independently as a team while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations and act in the Bank’s best interests.
Bank Secrecy Act:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies and procedures.
All personal and financial customer information will be maintained in compliance with laws and regulations designed to secure that privacy. It is expected that all bank employees will comply with the policies and procedures the bank has in place or face discipline up to and including termination of employment.
A job description is not a contract for employment. The tasks stated are the general and ordinary duties of the position and may be subject to change at any time due to business needs, staffing issues, banking requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons. From time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the job description, may be assigned and, therefore, required and nothing in a job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.