Begin your career by becoming a part of the Winter Hill Bank organization. We look for candidates who want to be an important part of our institution, who want to build working relationships with co-workers and who are striving for a career path that will be challenging and rewarding.
Winter Hill Bank is a community bank and we are proud of our reputation as a successful financial institution. Every one of our employees plays a special role in our overall success which solidifies the fact that working together as a team means our efforts will continue to contribute to the success and growth of our organization which has been serving the community since 1906.
Our benefits package for full-time employees includes the following:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Group Medical Insurance
- Company Contribution to Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Dental Blue Dental Insurance
- Company paid Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Defined Contribution 401K Plan*
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay*
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Premium Conversion Plan (Section 125)
- Banking Services (Free or Reduced)*
- Free Parking
*These benefits are available for eligible part-time employees
Please see below for current job openings
- Bank Tellers – Part Time
Bank Tellers- Part-Time
Corporate Office, 342 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145
Part-Time Hours: Thursday and Friday 3:45pm to 6:30pm, Saturday 8:00am to 1:30pm
Davis Square Office, 5 Cutter Avenue, Somerville, MA 02144
North Reading Office, 271 Main Street, Route 28, North Reading, MA 01864
Part-Time Hours: Thursday and Friday 4:00pm to 6:30pm, Saturday 8:00am to 1:30pm
This position performs a variety of customer service and related duties to provide service to the Bank’s customers in conformance with established Bank policies and operating procedures.
- Organize work station for day’s activities, e.g., inventory and request cash as needed; verify cash upon receipt; obtain necessary forms and other supplies.
- Process a variety of customer transactions, e.g., deposits, withdrawals, mortgage payments etc. Cash checks within limits of established policy, verify amount, examine checks for endorsement and verify signatures and customer balances.
- Enter customers’ transactions into computer to record transactions and issue computer generated receipts.
- Place holds on accounts for various reasons such as uncollected funds, out of state checks, etc.
- Sell money orders, treasurer’s checks, gift checks and other bank related products. Process various payments.
- Balance transactions and cash upon completion of assigned shift by comparing totaled amounts with data recorded on computer. Perform “after-hours” work, e.g., reconciling bank checks, money orders etc. and scanning daily work and Bank documents as needed.
- Perform related customer service duties as requested. Discuss Bank Products and Services that will benefit the individual customer’s needs and respond to customers inquiries. Refer problems or concerns to supervisor for further action as needed.
- May perform a variety of related clerical and/or support functions as assigned, i.e., routine correspondence, filing, typing, maintenance of records, data entry, back up to CSR where applicable and safe deposit box.
- May provide assistance to Management Staff as needed.
- May verify miscellaneous reports regarding customer accounts.
- May provide services at drive-up window or branch offices as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must possess excellent communication, typing and computer skills along with a genuine desire to assist present and potential customers. Training program offered. Prior experience preferred.
Winter Hill Bank
371 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02144
Attention: Christina O’Kane
Fax number (617) 629-3327
For general information regarding employment at Winter Hill Bank or to submit your resume please click on the “Contact Us” button below.
Christina S. O’Kane
Winter Hill Bank
371 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02144
Winter Hill Bank is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Protected Veterans.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to sit, bend, walk, talk, hear, pull, push, lift up to 20 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors (if applicable); work independently as a team while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations and act in the Bank’s best interests.
Bank Secrecy Act:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies and procedures.
All personal and financial customer information will be maintained in compliance with laws and regulations designed to secure that privacy. It is expected that all bank employees will comply with the policies and procedures the bank has in place or face discipline up to and including termination of employment.